Exploring Design and Technology for Key Stage 3
Paul Anderson, Jacqui Howells
Develop knowledge, understanding and designing and making skills through Key Stage 3 so students are ready for the new GCSE in Design and Technology, with our brand-new Student Book.
With topics directly linked to the new GCSE (9-1) specifications, Exploring Design and Technology will build a solid foundation by boosting your students' understanding of the key concepts, introducing them to important terminology and developing their practical skills through Key Stage 3.
· Build understanding through years 7, 8 and 9 with engaging, carefully timed and level-appropriate lessons that draw on the GCSE subject content.
· Develop practical skills with a variety of creative designing and making activities that use a wide range of materials, tools, equipment and processes.
· Boost knowledge with clear explanations of important terminology and concepts that students will need to apply when identifying design problems, understanding user needs and developing design solutions in a range of contexts.
· Encourage subject interest with 'find out more' - research features that broaden understanding of materials and their working properties, new technologies and the wider influences on designing and making.
· Monitor and measure student progress with knowledge check questions provided for every topic.