Techniques & Shop Drawings for 30 Designs
Recreate Mackintosh's Signature Style
Architect and designer Charles Rennie Mackintosh designed hundreds of pieces of furniture throughout his career. Ranging in style from Arts & Crafts to Art Nouveau to Modern, his furniture occupies an interesting place in history and had tremendous influence on American and European furniture design.
Mackintosh Furniture: Techniques & Shop Drawings for 30 Designs is a guide to recreating Mackintosh's work. The measured drawings in this book were painstakingly rendered using known dimensions from architectural drawings and those extrapolated from catalog and auction photos. You'll find comprehensive views for each design and complete materials lists as well as historical notes and construction and finishing advice to help you through each build.
The book features:
• Shop drawings for 30 Mackintosh furniture designs including chairs, tables, bookcases, desks and many other forms
• 2 complete step-by-step projects (a taboret and a nightstand) showcasing some of Mackintosh's signature furniture details
• Historical and cultural insight into Mackintosh's impact on architecture and furniture design
• Practical advice on wood selection, construction, hardware sources and finishing techniques
• Helpful tools and techniques advice
Often emulated, Mackintosh's furniture remains popular after more than a century. Now, for the first time ever, fans of his work will have access to drawings and details to help recreate some of his most enduring designs.