The Professional Yoga Teacher's Handbook
The Ultimate Guide for Current and Aspiring Instructors—Set Your Intention, Develop Your Voice, and Build Your Career
The ultimate guide to the yoga profession—at every stage of your teaching career
Yoga has helped you, and now you want to share what you’ve learned. Maybe you’ve just graduated from yoga teacher training, and you’re wondering how to take your next steps. Or perhaps you’ve been teaching for a while, but you feel unsure about how to get a studio job, develop a workshop, establish clear boundaries with your students, or level up in your career.
Wherever you are, The Professional Yoga Teacher’s Handbook will help you choose a wise path toward where you want to be. Sage Rountree mines her decades of experience as a yoga teacher, teacher trainer, and studio owner to offer guidance at every turn:
- Land your first job, and smartly manage your schedule, money, and energy
- Prepare outside the classroom to ensure that each class is a good one
- Keep pace with changing Yoga Alliance standards and the expanding world of online teaching
- React in real time to students’ needs (and gently teach studio etiquette)
- Figure out whether you want to become a full-time teacher, own a studio, take private clients, lead yoga teacher trainings—or all of the above.